Terms of Service
Updated January, 14 2021
Welcome to the Investors Choice OZ Fund technology platform. The Investors Choice OZ Fund service and network (collectively, the “Service”) are operated by USG OZI, LLC, a Washington limited liability company (the “Company,” “we,” or “us”), which is wholly owned by USG Realty Capital, LLC and OZI, LLC (together with its affiliates, “USG OZI”). By accessing or using our web site at www.InvestorsChoiceOZ.com, including any subdomain thereof (the”Site”), you (the”User”) signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these terms of service (“Terms of Service”), regardless of whether you are a registered member of the Service.
In addition to these Terms of Service, you may enter into other agreements with us or others that will govern your use of the Service or related services offered by us or others. If there is any contradiction between these Terms of Service and another agreement you enter into applicable to specific aspects of the Service, the other agreement shall take precedence in relation to the specific aspects of the Service to which it applies. As used herein, “Users” means anyone who accesses and/or uses the Site.
Changes to these Terms of Service
We may make changes to these Terms of Service from time to time. If we do this, we will post the changed Terms of Service on the Site and will indicate at the top of this page the date the Terms of Service were last revised. You understand and agree that your continued use of the Service or the Site after we have made any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service.
You agree to use the Site and Service only for purposes that are legal, proper and in accordance with these Terms and any applicable law, rules or regulations. You may not:
- use the Service in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Service, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Service;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, the Service, or the computer systems or networks connected to the Service through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- utilize any data provided on the Site (including third-party provided data) for purposes other than evaluating listed investment opportunities;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature;
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- upload, post, email or transmit, or otherwise make available through the Service any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or unlawful content;
- upload, post, email or transmit, or otherwise make available through the Service any content that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party, unless you are the owner of such rights or have the permission of the owner to post such content;
- upload, post, email or transmit, or otherwise make available through the Service any materials that promote pyramid schemes, chain letters or disruptive commercial messages or advertisements, or anything else prohibited by law;
- run Maillist, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Service;
- use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site, including to engage in the practices of “screen scraping,” “database scraping” or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining content or other information;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service, including to utilize framing techniques to enclose any Content or other proprietary information, place pop-up windows over the Site’s pages, or otherwise affect the display of the Site’s pages;
- download any file posted by another user that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
- impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of any materials;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Service;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Service or collect information about its Users for any unauthorized purpose;
- submit content that falsely expresses or implies that such content is sponsored or endorsed by LightTower, any of its affiliates or any third parties;
- use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose (including, without limitation, in violation of any United States federal and state securities or blue-sky laws or regulations, securities exchange or self-regulatory organization’s rules or regulations, or equivalent laws or regulations in foreign jurisdictions);
- promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities or promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual;
- share or disclose with anyone any information obtained through the Service about any investment offerings; or
- use the Service for any commercial purpose whatsoever other than for your personal use, including (without limitation)
Registration Data; Account Security
In consideration of your use of the Site, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Site (“Registration Data”); (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to us, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account. You agree to (a) immediately notify Company of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session when accessing the service. Company will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
Proprietary Rights in Site Content; Limited License
All content on the Site, including but not limited to designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement (the “Site Content”), are our proprietary property with all rights reserved. No Site Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission, except that, if you are eligible for use of the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Site Content solely for your personal use, provided that you keep such portions confidential and all copyright or other proprietary notices intact. You may not republish Site Content on any internet, intranet or extranet site or incorporate the information in any other database or compilation, and any other use of the Site Content is strictly prohibited. Any use of the Site or the Site Content other than as specifically authorized herein, without the prior written permission of the Company, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws including without limitation copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms of Service shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. This license is revocable by us at any time without notice and with or without cause.
By posting User Content to any part of the Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such User Content for any purpose on or in connection with the Site or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You may remove your User Content from the Site at any time. If you choose to remove your User Content, the license granted above will not expire.
You may review personal information (including credit data) posted by other Users on the Site, but you are not authorized to disclose or otherwise use such information for any purpose other than assessing the creditworthiness of other Users.
E-Mail Address of Designated Agent: email@example.com
To meet the notice requirements under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), the notification must be a written communication that includes the following: (i) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site; (iii) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (iv) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted; (v) a statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (vi) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable law, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, the registrations of Users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. We may also, at our sole discretion, limit access to the Site and/or terminate the registrations of any Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
The Company does not guarantee the accuracy of any User Content or Third-Party Content. Although we provide rules for User conduct and postings, we do not control and are not responsible for what Users post on the Site and are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content you may encounter on the Site or in connection with any User Content or Third-Party Content. The Company is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Site or Service. The Company cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results (relating to investments or otherwise) from use of the Site and/or the Service.
The Site and the Service may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. The Company assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, User communications. The Company is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on the Site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to Users or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Web and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances will the Company be responsible for any loss or damage, including any loss or damage to any User Content or personal injury or death, resulting from anyone’s use of the Site or the Service, any User Content or Third-Party Content posted on or through the Site or the Service or transmitted to Users, or any interactions between Users of the Site, whether online or offline.
The Company reserves the right to change any and all content contained in the Site and any Services offered through the Site at any time without notice. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by the Company.
Limitation on Liability
EXCEPT IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE SUCH PROVISIONS ARE RESTRICTED AND EXCEPT AS MAY BE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE SECURITIES LAWS, IN NO EVENT WILL USG OZI OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, STOCKHOLDERS, PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD-PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE OR ANY OF THE SITE CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE, EVEN IF THE COMPANY IS AWARE OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, EXCEPT AS MAY BE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE SECURITIES LAW OR OTHER LAWS, YOU SHALL BE LIMITED TO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY, AND SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO DAMAGES OF ANY KIND FROM ANY OF USG OZI OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, STOCKHOLDERS, PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES OR REPRESENTATIVES, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION.
CERTAIN FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Governing Law; Arbitration
By visiting or using the Site and/or the Service, you agree that the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws that would require or permit the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction, will govern these Terms of Service.
By agreeing to the Terms and using the Website and the Service, you agree to submit to personal jurisdiction in Texas for all purposes, and you agree to waive, to maximum extent permitted by law, any right to a trial by jury for any matter.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing by you and us, any dispute arising out of or relating to the Terms, or any breach thereof, shall be finally resolved by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, or such arbitration body as required by law, rule or regulation, and final judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. The arbitration will be conducted in the English language before a single arbitrator in Texas. Such arbitration must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either USG OZI or you may apply to any court of competent jurisdiction for injunctive relief without breach of this arbitration provision.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about the Site or the Service (“Submissions”), provided by you to Company are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of Company. Company shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgement or compensation to you.
The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision in that or any other instance. If any provision of these Terms of Service is held invalid, the remainder of these Terms of Service shall continue in full force and effect. If any provision of these Terms of Service shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms of Service and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.